A-250 Class-A Monophonic Power Amplifier
Ultra-low-noise design with unprecedented S/N ratio of 127 dB brings out a stunning wealth of detail. Semiconductor MOS-FET switches enable output circuitry without any mechanical contacts. Two pure class A power units arranged right and left are driven in parallel to deliver 100 watts into 8 ohms with impeccable quality. A damping factor in excess of 1,000 means that speaker control is nothing less than perfect. The massive A-250 represents a new pinnacle in power amplifier history. Encounter music like never before.
- Pure Class A operation delivers 100 watts of quality power into 8 ohms
- Two totally identical power amplifier units driven in parallel
- 20-parallel push-pull arrangement of MOS-FET devices in output stage delivers linear high power progression to ultra-low 1-ohm impedance
- Input section configured as dual instrumentation amplifier
- Double MCS+ circuit and current feedback topology in amplification stage
- Support for bridged use of two A-250 units for even higher output power
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors
|Continuous Average Output power (20-20,000 Hz)||
800 watts into 1 ohm*1
400 watts into 2 ohms
200watts into 4 ohms
100 watts into 8 ohms*2
Bridge mode (2 units):
1600 watts into 2 ohms*1
800 watts ito 4 ohms
400 watts into 8 ohms
(*1) Rating makes *1 are for music signals only.
(*2) The output range for pure class A operation is 100 W.
|Total Harmonic Distortion||
0.05% with a 2-ohm load
0.03% with a 4 to 16-ohm load
At rated continuous average output: 20 - 20 000 Hz + 0 - 0.2dB
At 1 watt output: 0.5 - 160000Hz +0 - 3.0dB
|Gain||MAX, -3dB, -6dB, -12dB|
|Output Load Impedance||
Continuous output: 2 to 16 ohms
With music signal: 1 to 16 ohms
|Damping factor||1 000|
|Input Sensitivity ( with 8-ohm load)||
1.13 V for rated continuous average output
0.11 V for 1 watt output
Balanced: 40 Kilohms
Line: 20 Kilohms
(A-weighted, with input shorted)
127dB (GAIN selector in MAX position)
133dB (Gain selector in -12dB position)
At rated continuous average output
|Output Level Meter||
Digital Power Meter:
5-digit indication showing true power ( W)
Range selection AUTO / 10W / 100W / 1000W
Bar graph meter:
Represents output voltage values (dB) using 40 points
Peak hold time:
1 second / infinite selectable
*Display off switch provided
|Power Requirements||120/220/230 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
300 watts idle
430 watts in accordance with IEC 60065
Width: 465mm (18.31)
Height: 238mm (9.37)
Depth: 514mm (20.24)
46.0kg (101.4 lbs) net
55.0kg (121.3 lbs) in shipping carton
Sometimes we want to listen to our brand new audio setup without having to worry about dragging B&W up two flights of stairs - that's where we come in! Not only are our team experts in high quality AV equipment, they're also professional bodybuilders* who can deliver and install your new toys quickly and efficiently.
Our in-house team can service those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast. Give us a call to get an obligation-free quote today!
*the term 'professional bodybuilders' is used here loosely...
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.