Digital Inputs DAC-50
The DAC-50 is an optional digital input board that supports a broad range of digital sound sources and is equipped with a high-precision MDS type D/A converter for optimal sound quality. The converter uses AK4490EQ chips from Asahi Kasei Microdevices in a double parallel configuration per channel. Installing the board in a slot on the rear panel of a supported Accuphase component provides direct input capability for signals from digital components for high-grade playback. Three types of inputs are provided: USB (Type B), OPTICAL (for optical fiber cable), and COAXIAL (for coaxial cable). The USB input handles signals up to 11.2 MHz / 1-bit 【DSD】 and 384 kHz / 32-bit【 PCM】, the coaxial input supports up to 192 kHz / 24-bit and the optical input up to 96 kHz / 24-bit
- An automatic change of the coax input / optical fiber /USB input
- Automatic recognition of number of sampling frequency /bit /MHz de-emphasis
|About sampling frequency display||
【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz
* The reproduction of music data by the USB depends on OS on the PC and softwareof music reproduction. * Please refer to the manual of the PC for setting and the connection method of the PC about USB.
- USB Utility CD-ROM
* If multiple input signals are supplied at the sametime, the unit automatically locks onto a signal when"OPTION 1" is selected, using the following priority sequence: COAXIAL → OPTICAL → USB
* To exclude a signal from being selected, either disconnect the cable or turn power of the respective equipment off.
PHOTO SHOWS OPTION BOARD INSTALLATION EXAMPLE
CONNECTION EXAMPLE OF DAC-50
|Format||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbps) compliant|
2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) (11.2896 MHz: ASIO only)
32 kHz – 384 kHz (16 – 32-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)
|Suitable Cable||USB 2.0 cable with Type B connector (max. 2 m)|
|Format||JEITA CP-1212 compliant|
|Sampling Frequency||32 kHz – 96 kHz (16 – 24-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)|
|Suitable Cable||JEITA standard optical fiber cable|
|Format||IEC 60958 AES-3 compliant|
32 kHz – 192 kHz
(16 – 24-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)
|Suitable Cable||75-ohm coaxial digital cable|
ABOUT SAMPLING FREQUENCY DISPLAY WHEN DAC-50 IS INSTALLED IN C-2120, E-600, E-470, OR E-270
Sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz are shown as is. Signals with the following sampling frequencies are handled without problem, but the indication is always "192.0 kHz": 【DSD】 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz 【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz
● Preamplifiers C-2000, C-2110, C-2120, C-245 (※), CX-260 (※)
● Integrated amplifiers E-213, E-250, E-260, E-270, E-307 (※), E-308 (※), E-350, E-360, E-370, E-408, E-450, E-460, E-470, E-530, E-550, E-560, E-600, E-650
Input selection, sampling frequency display and other specifications differ depending on the model. (※: Installing two DAC-XX boards is not supported.)
*The capability for playback of music data via USB depends on the operating system and music playback software of the computer.
* For information on settings for USB and connection methods, please refer to the computer documentation.
● USB Utility 2 CD-ROM
Sometimes we want to listen to our brand new audio setup without having to worry about dragging B&W up two flights of stairs - that's where we come in! Not only are our team experts in high quality AV equipment, they're also professional bodybuilders* who can deliver and install your new toys quickly and efficiently.
Our in-house team can service those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast. Give us a call to get an obligation-free quote today!