Pearl RJ/E Ethernet CableRJ/E Pearl prepared Cat 7 Ethernet cables use Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) conductors, which completely eliminate strand interaction, one of the biggest sources of distortion in cables, for clearer, more dynamic and involving sound. Superior conductor metals minimize distortion by having fewer grain boundaries and less impurities (such as oxides) at those boundaries. Solid High-Density Polyethylene (PE) insulation helps maintain critical signal-pair geometry. Of course all AudioQuest Ethernet cables honor the directionality inherent in all analog and digital audio cables; arrows on the jackets indicate the direction (from source to destination) for the best audio performance.
Over the past several years there's been a revolution in the way people store, distribute, and access digital media (in real time), including photos, movies, and, of course, music. No longer dependent on physical media, our media is often data that's moved from multiple devices to multiple locations. For audio applications and protocols, audio over Ethernet offers the virtues of high-speed, low time delay (latency), significant distance capability (328 feet without an active booster or repeater), and extremely low-jitter, bit-perfect communication. Who wouldn't want all of these things?
Available Lengths: 0.75m-12m
1. GEOMETRY STABILIZING SOLID HIGH-DENSITY POLYETHYLENE INSULATION
2. HIGH-SPEED DATA CAPACITY
The Cat 7 cable standard has been created to allow 10-Gigabit Ethernet over 100 m of copper cabling.
3. ALL CONDUCTORS CONTROLLED FOR RF NOISE DIRECTIONALITY
4. CMG (CL3 & FT4) RATED PVC JACKET
5. GOLD-PLATED NICKEL CONNECTORS WITH 100% SHIELD COVERAGE
6. SOLID LONG-GRAIN COPPER (LGC) CONDUCTORSSolid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. Solid conductors prevent strand interaction, a major source of distortion. The surface quality is critical because a conductor can be considered as a rail-guide for both the electric fields within a conductor, and for the magnetic fields outside the conductor. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance.
Sometimes we want to listen to our brand new audio setup without having to worry about dragging B&W up two flights of stairs - that's where we come in! Not only are our team experts in high quality AV equipment, they're also professional bodybuilders* who can deliver and install your new toys quickly and efficiently.
Our in-house team can service those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast. Give us a call to get an obligation-free quote today!