Digital Inputs DAC-50
Request a quote form.
Notified by email when this product becomes available
Digital Inputs DAC-50
The DAC-50 is an optional digital input board that supports a broad range of digital sound sources and is equipped with a high-precision MDS type D/A converter for optimal sound quality. The converter uses AK4490EQ chips from Asahi Kasei Microdevices in a double parallel configuration per channel. Installing the board in a slot on the rear panel of a supported Accuphase component provides direct input capability for signals from digital components for high-grade playback. Three types of inputs are provided: USB (Type B), OPTICAL (for optical fiber cable), and COAXIAL (for coaxial cable). The USB input handles signals up to 11.2 MHz / 1-bit 【DSD】 and 384 kHz / 32-bit【 PCM】, the coaxial input supports up to 192 kHz / 24-bit and the optical input up to 96 kHz / 24-bit
- An automatic change of the coax input / optical fiber /USB input
- Automatic recognition of number of sampling frequency /bit /MHz de-emphasis
|About sampling frequency display||
【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz
* The reproduction of music data by the USB depends on OS on the PC and softwareof music reproduction. * Please refer to the manual of the PC for setting and the connection method of the PC about USB.
- USB Utility CD-ROM
* If multiple input signals are supplied at the sametime, the unit automatically locks onto a signal when"OPTION 1" is selected, using the following priority sequence: COAXIAL → OPTICAL → USB
* To exclude a signal from being selected, either disconnect the cable or turn power of the respective equipment off.
PHOTO SHOWS OPTION BOARD INSTALLATION EXAMPLE
CONNECTION EXAMPLE OF DAC-50
|Format||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480 Mbps) compliant|
2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz (1-bit 2-channel DSD) (11.2896 MHz: ASIO only)
32 kHz – 384 kHz (16 – 32-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)
|Suitable Cable||USB 2.0 cable with Type B connector (max. 2 m)|
|Format||JEITA CP-1212 compliant|
|Sampling Frequency||32 kHz – 96 kHz (16 – 24-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)|
|Suitable Cable||JEITA standard optical fiber cable|
|Format||IEC 60958 AES-3 compliant|
32 kHz – 192 kHz
(16 – 24-bit 2-channel PCM respectively)
|Suitable Cable||75-ohm coaxial digital cable|
ABOUT SAMPLING FREQUENCY DISPLAY WHEN DAC-50 IS INSTALLED IN C-2120, E-600, E-470, OR E-270
Sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz are shown as is. Signals with the following sampling frequencies are handled without problem, but the indication is always "192.0 kHz": 【DSD】 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz, 11.2896 MHz 【PCM】 352.8 kHz – 384 kHz
● Preamplifiers C-2000, C-2110, C-2120, C-245 (※), CX-260 (※)
● Integrated amplifiers E-213, E-250, E-260, E-270, E-307 (※), E-308 (※), E-350, E-360, E-370, E-408, E-450, E-460, E-470, E-530, E-550, E-560, E-600, E-650
Input selection, sampling frequency display and other specifications differ depending on the model. (※: Installing two DAC-XX boards is not supported.)
*The capability for playback of music data via USB depends on the operating system and music playback software of the computer.
* For information on settings for USB and connection methods, please refer to the computer documentation.
● USB Utility 2 CD-ROM
Sometimes we want to listen to our brand new audio setup without having to worry about dragging B&W up two flights of stairs - that's where we come in! Not only are our team experts in high quality AV equipment, they're also professional bodybuilders* who can deliver and install your new toys quickly and efficiently.
Our in-house team can service those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast. Give us a call to get an obligation-free quote today!
*the term 'professional bodybuilders' is used here loosely...
Our refund policy operates in a 30-day window - after this time we are unable to accept the product and cannot issue a refund. Don't worry, our products are hand picked from thousands of luxury brands to ensure you are only offered the best of the best so we doubt you'll need to consider this policy at all. If you are concerned about making the wrong decision when it comes to your purchase, please feel free to talk with our team of experts who can advise you on equipment based on your personal music taste, aesthetics, and the layout of your listening room. Still not convinced? Discuss the possibility of a loan (trial period) with our experts and hear the difference yourself.