The JBL 4312 E studio monitor is the direct descendent of the legendary Model 4320, the original JBL monitor that forever changed audio recording, introduced in 1968. As you would expect of a true JBL studio monitor, the 4312 E delivers crisp, powerful bass at all listening levels with a massive 300mm (12-inch) woofer driven by a Differential Drive (U.S. patent no. 5,748,760 and other patents pending) dual 75mm (3-inch) voice-coil assembly.
A 125mm (5-inch) pure-pulp cone and 25mm (1-inch) copper voice coil with Kapton bobbin realistically reproduce the full dynamics of vocal performances with low distortion, even at the highest listening levels. A 25mm (1-inch) tweeter with a magnesium/aluminium alloy dome extends HF response far beyond the audible range of the human ear. Built in mirror-image pairs to create the detailed, coherent stereo soundstage that studio monitors must, the JBL 4312 E exceeds the expectations of critical listeners and music professionals alike, providing a listening experience of such richness and subtlety that it cannot be compared to anything but a live performance.
2213Nd-2 Low-Frequency Transducer
A300mm (12-inch) woofer cone with a Differential Drive dual 75mm (3-inch) voice-coil asssembly delivers deep, crisp bass at all listening levels. Dual neodymium magnets in push-pull configuration maintain precise control over the cone’s motion and dissipate heat more effectively than conventional magnetic assemblies for low-distortion, high-output performance. The die-cast aluminium frame further dissipates heat, increasing power handline, and the shallow, Aquaplas-coated cone is optimally damped to reduced distortion.
105H-1 Midrange Transducer
A125mm (5-inch) polymer-coated, pure-pulp cone with a 25mm (1-inch) copper voice coil with Kapton bobbin comine to produce flat response with low distortion and increased power handling for more dynamic performance at high listening levels. A die-cast frame minimises back pressure for more linear motion, lower distortion and more natural-sounding reproduction of voices.
054ALMg-1 High-Frequency Transducer
A25mm (1-inch) magnesium/aluminium alloy dome producers realistic dyamics far beyong the range of himan hearing, with ultrasmooth response that is ideal for SACD and other high-resolution audio formats. A shallow horna and phase plug ensure the HF sound is distributed evenly over a wide listening area.
- The loudspeaker are configured in mirror-image pairs to create a focused stereo soundstage ideal for monitor applications. Extremely rigid, heavily braced enclosures of 19mm (3/4-inch) PB with 19mm (3/4-inch) MDF baffles ensure that the transducers are held in precise alignment
- Front-mounted port provides optimal woofer tuning for extended bass response and permits speaker to be places against a wall
- Continuously variable MF and HF attenuators let users tailer driver output to suit room acoustics or personal preference
- Five-way binding-post connectors permit the use of any type of wire and termination
- Pebble-texture black vinyl finish with silkscreened JBL logos